1745790 Members
4060 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

BL20 Enclosure = SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

Project Team
Advisor

BL20 Enclosure = SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

I have Management Agents running on my Proliant BL20P G2 servers and I am continually getting the following message from the Event Log service.

Description:
A 'Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced' trap signifies that the power subsystem is out of balance for this power enclosure. Check the power enclosure and power supplies.

My problem appeared after adding a second Chassis and the Mini Bus Bar. Prior to this I had a single chassis with 8 BL20's and a PD box - all was OK.

I now have 1 x Single Phase Power Supply with 4 'bricks' in slots 1,2,4 & 5. I have 2 chassis connected to a Mini Bus Bar. The chassis are populated with 10 BL20p servers. All servers are running iLO firmware version 1.41. and all are reporting the error regarding 'subsystem not load balanced'.

Please could someone advised
1 REPLY 1
Nigel Doney

Re: BL20 Enclosure = SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

The rack management agent cpqrack.mib is considering the entire power enclosure as a single power supply. The fact that there are multiple power supplies inside the enclosure is completely invisible to the agent. The error is strictly informational and should not cause any problems should be fixed in release 7.0 of smartstart