1748002 Members
4492 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20P G3+ FIRMWARE

SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

BL20P G3+ FIRMWARE

We are using HP BL20P G3 system there 3 systems are showing unsupported processor detected , when i tried to upgrade th firmware through ILO remote virtual media or locally connected USB cd drive it is not allowing anything same screen is appearing. I tried with smartstart CD7.4 also but same effect. can anybody help me how i can upgrade the system firmware. In RDP these 3 blades are not appearing also.Appreciate your help.
10 REPLIES 10
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

You need to upgrade the firmware before adding the CPUs and the CPUs with the latest revision must be placed first├в ┬ж

Plus, all CPUs must be identical

Regards.
SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

Hi

There is only one CPU in the system that one is giving this problem.
Thomas Bauer_3
Frequent Advisor

Desr SAN,

try to copy the file to the local HDD and start the Firmware upgrade.
Go to the local console, I don't use ILO for upgrading. To have a quick view its fine, but not for upgrading.

We had problems with proliant support pack 7.40, and used PSP 7.51 instead. Since that change most problems are solved.

Download the PSP from the web. Do you use Raped deployment? We upgrade the Servers with rapid. Works fine.

CU Thomas

Frequent Advisor

Yes we are using RDP but this blade is not appearing in that and there is no operating system it is a single processor new one.
Thomas Bauer_3
Frequent Advisor

So you don't have an OS on the server jet?
you can install the server with RDP.

When you don't have an OS for what do you want to upgrade the PSP?

Thomas
SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

my dear

I mentioned in my mail that when i start the new BL20p G3 server it is showing that
805-unsupported processor found pls upgrade rompaq, it is hanging there itself. When i tried with CD or floppy through virtual media it is not accepting and this blade is not showing in RDP also. I hope am clear in this reply
kvelayutham
Advisor

In the single processor server, it is not possible to upgrade the firmware, if you dont have any supported old processor.

If you have any old supported processor, atleast installal one of that processor and start firmware upgrade.

After sucessfull upgrade you can able to use the latest processor.

This issue may also occur, if the setting of the switch SW2 on the board is wrong. Check and set to default. Check by clear the system config(propably switch position -6 on SW2).

then you can able to upgrade firmware & install OS.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Walt Bowse
Occasional Advisor

SAN - Did you ever resolve this issue? We have the same problem here in HPVL when students downgraded firmware on 2 of our bl20p servers. Any help is appreciated.

- Walt