1748221 Members
4471 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20p G2 Fibre Channel Mezzanine Card firmware upgrade

ianvt
Advisor

BL20p G2 Fibre Channel Mezzanine Card firmware upgrade

I want to check the version of firmware on a BL20p G2 Fibre Channel Mezzanine Card and then update the firmware if required. The only way that I can find is to boot to DOS and then run the HPQUTIL. Is this the only way or is there another way to do this.
3 REPLIES 3
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

yes that is one way, you could also just log on to the name server on the fabric switch to which your FCAs for the blade server is connected to, see the entry for the appropriate domain ID and port combination for your FCAs, in one of the fields you should be able to see the FW version running on the card assuming a successful fabric login has taken place...

I believe there are some utilities such as SANSurfer from Qlogic (i think) that provides firmware information online....what about the latest HP management agents?

hope it was of some help and please show your appreciation to the response by assigning some points to it.

enjoy!
John Marinov
Frequent Advisor

QLogic utilities yes (at least the IBM branded ones do)

Insight agents, sadly no.

You will need to boot to DOS anyway to update the firmware. There is no other way.
Szabolcs Petho_1
Regular Advisor

If you use PSP 7.20 and have System Management Homepage you can check the firmware/BIOS version at home->storage->external storage connections.

I have also a question. Where can I find firmware for FC HBA of these BL blades? What I found on HP support pages is only BIOS so for now I have servers which have newer BIOS than firmware mentioned in BIOS release notes...