ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753962 Members
7580 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20p G2 SERVER:unable to access both virtual device (CD-ROM/FLOPPY) in the ILO-Remote console.

SIVAKUMAR.P
Frequent Advisor

BL20p G2 SERVER:unable to access both virtual device (CD-ROM/FLOPPY) in the ILO-Remote console.

The Customer need to install an OS manually, for that he is required both (CDROM and FDD). But in ILO remote install only CDROM or FDD is getting activated thru virtual media.
So First I Updated System BIOS (CP005031.scexe) and Check ILO settings modified, no relevant setting found.

Then I updating firmware for ILO (SP29053), for ver: 1.50 to 1.75. Then after restart, we found an option called setting menu inside a single drive (Floppy or CDROM) or Composite Device (Floppy and CDROM) option was found. Selected a Composite device, Then I would able to access both CDROM and FDD
Simultaneously in the Remote console.

24/7 SUPPORT Mobile.No:919841509428
2 REPLIES 2
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: BL20p G2 SERVER:unable to access both virtual device (CD-ROM/FLOPPY) in the ILO-Remote console.

You have posted to the HP netserver forjm - this needs to go to the Proliant - Blade forum so I am going to move this.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you look at the option for composite device it says it requires Windows 2000 w/ SP3 or Windows 2003. If neither one of these are installed, then this option isn't usable.

Unfortunately there is no option, yet, to use both during an OS install.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..