1753513 Members
5121 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20p reboots itself

Png Kah Keong
Occasional Contributor

BL20p reboots itself

I have a blade enclosure with 8 BL20p G2. I'm testing a Windows server 2003 with Citrix PS 3 installed in a BL20p.

When I have about 10 users connected to Citrix sessions, the server reboots by itself usually in the afternoon. The event logs doesn't show any application or hardware errors. If I leave the server idle without any users in it, it doesn't reboot for days. I've tested this for a few other blades with similar appications and the symptom is consistent.

I'm monitoring the temperature of the server using HP System Management Homepage. The CPU temperature range between 28 C to 35 C. I used a fan to blow at the front of the enclosure and not the temperature hoovers around 32 C but it still reboots itself without any notice.

The logs doesn't show any errors either. No events in the homepage.

I've setup the event notifier to send me an email when there's an event but I never got any emails. Probably it never had the chance to send out the notification.
3 REPLIES 3
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Check IML log at first, not OS logs... (It located on System Homepage)
Png Kah Keong
Occasional Contributor

The IML shows server reset at that time when the OS was rebooted. What triggers the server reset? If its the temperature, can we change the threshold and what is the recommended operating temerature?
Png Kah Keong
Occasional Contributor

In ASR, I set the Reset Boot Option to Boot Utilities instead of Boot OS.

The server has not been rebooting so far. Is this healthy for the server?