7747 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL25p Loss Of Chassis Connectivity

Svetoslav Gyurov
Valued Contributor

BL25p Loss Of Chassis Connectivity

Hi,

I have two blade chassis with fifteen blades BL25p G1 and two power chassis with eight power supplies which are 3-phase on UPS also I have four switches HP ProLiant BL p-Class C-GbE2 Interconnect Switch which are connected to other gbit switch. So the problem is that several times in the month I get this message in the Management log of every blade:

Informational
Rack Infrastructure
05/18/2006 06:34
New Chassis Connected (Enclosure Address D721)
Caution
Rack Infrastructure
Loss Of Chassis Connectivity (Enclosure Address D721)

It seems that its really lossing connectivity because there is installed RAC over NAS and everytime it happen the RAC failover and its not good. Firmware versions follows:
ILO Firmware Version:

Enclousers firmware:
FW Revision: 2.20
HW Revision: 5

Switches:
Software Version 2.2.0 (FLASH image1), active configuration.

Interconnect:
Fuse A: Good
Fuse B: Good
Type: active: GbE2 Interconnect Switch

Do you have any ideas whats causing this type of error or how can I catch it? I'm attaching Management Log, because there are several errors about power and switches. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
sve
3 REPLIES 3
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Are there properly connection between power and blade chassis? I mean that connector plug into IN - OUT sockets in right order. AFAIK there's should be blue cord, check it
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Refer to this link.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1014384

Can be firmware issue of connectivity.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Svetoslav Gyurov
Valued Contributor

Sorry for late response. I didn't update the firmware yet, I saw servers which firmware was upgraded and there were no logs like that, so I suppose I'm going to upgrade customer servers soon. Thanks for the help.