1748259 Members
3776 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL45p shuts down randomly iLO says "Power was removed"

wrowonwonw
Occasional Advisor

No, the power enclosure swap did not help. Now we have swaped two pair og power parts in the blade itself. That is a "power filter" and a "power regulator". Until now, the server has run without going down. We are hoping that this works now.

Regards, Lars.
Victor Wilcox

Thanks Lars. We are currently going through the same process. I will let you know our results here also.

Victor
G Edwards
Advisor

One thing I have noticed with the BL45p is that they are very sensitive to having the screws that retain both case covers fully seated down.

I have had a couple of BL45p's that seemed to be fully seated in the enclosure but they would not power on.

In both cases, the cover screws were not fully screwed down and were not allowing the system board connectors to fully seat into the backplane.

Cheers, Gary
Victor Wilcox

Lars,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are still having problems after replacing the Power backplane, Signal backplane, and Management backplane.

Thank You,
Victor
wrowonwonw
Occasional Advisor

We havn't seen this issue for a long, long period now - not since we swaped the power regulator and power filter.

I think that this was the cause for our power showdowns. I don't think that what you have swaped is the same as I swaped.

Regards, Lars.
magic_cure

I had the same symptoms on a couple of BL35p blades. Replacing the power converter module on both these units also fixed the issue for me.