1753808 Members
7506 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460C Blade Server issue - Not detecting the E200i Smart Array Controller

Accent_1
Frequent Advisor

BL460C Blade Server issue - Not detecting the E200i Smart Array Controller

We have supplied BL460C Blade server to one of our client. We are trying to install the server through ILO., the server is not detecting the Smart Array Controller or the SAS Hard disk. We have Seven Blades in the C7000 Enclosure.

Customer has ordered Mezzanine Card for connecting two servers to the External Storage. Now, the serverтАЩs which do not have the Mezzanine Card not detecting the Array controller, whereas, ServerтАЩs with Mezzanine Card detecting the Array controller.

Do we really require a Mezzanine card to enable to Array Controller ?.

Your Help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Dusan Vidovic_1
Advisor

Re: BL460C Blade Server issue - Not detecting the E200i Smart Array Controller

' had same experience when delivered 2 weeks ago a system to a customer: 1 out of 4 servers did not detect the controller, while others behaved normally. We ran it through tests as well, disassembled and re-assembled, but the controller could not be detected through POST. In the end we had to order a new board to replace it.
Ther's no particular action to be done (to my knowledge) to enable the SA200i on the server.
Accent_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have upgraded each blade with offline firmware, now it is working fine. Please make sure the Controller is fixed properly if not please press the controller firmly to seat it correctly.

Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

There is an HP customer advisory on the BL460c where it doesn't see the built-in SmartArray E200i (which is integrated on the SCSI Backplane board, not the system board):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00805127&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Document ID: c00805127
HP ProLiant BL460c Server Blade May Not Detect the Integrated Smart Array E200i RAID Controller During Power-On Self-Test (POST) Preventing Operating System Installation