1753383 Members
5896 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BOOT ORDER

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

BOOT ORDER

My server won't boot from CD if the first boot is a smart ctrl.I must set my CD as second and my smart as 3th.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: BOOT ORDER

Normally, if the server will not boot from the CD-ROM drive, then, there may be BIOS corruption. It would be a good idea to clear nvram using the advance mode. If you are not familiar with the advanced mode of the Compaq System Configuration utility, then, all you have to do is enter the SCU by pressing "F10" at POST to enter SCU and press cntrl + A key with the system configuration utility option highlighted. You should get a pop-up box stating "Advanced Mode Enabled". Press the "Enter" key and the pop-up box goes away, then run the system config utility...configure hardware...review or modify hardware settings...then...view or edit details. Arrow down to "Advanced Features" section and select "erase non-volatile memory", then confirm twice. You must cold boot the server after this and run the SCU again. This should clear up any corruption in nvram. Try booting to the cd again after this.