ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753788 Members
7542 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 3 (RAID 5).

SOLVED
Go to solution
htkhuyen
Occasional Visitor

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 3 (RAID 5).

Dear all,

I have plugged into HP 380 G5 3 HDD, i also create a RAID 5 on 3 HDDs and a logical driver, I see in the status alerts :"Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 3 (558.7 GB, RAID 5). If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve."

I haven't initialized and formatted the drive in windows ( by Windows Disk Management )

Should i initialize and format the logical with Windows Disk Management ? Or i have to wait until the background parity initialization completes ? i have been waiting for the background parity initialization in 2 days .

All the suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks so much

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 3 (RAID 5).

The message told you - you need to write to the logical drive in order to start the process. So format the drive now.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
htkhuyen
Occasional Visitor

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply, i have just format the logical. And waiting for the new alerts .

htkhuyen
Occasional Visitor

Dear Torsten,

After format the logical drive, i waited for 1 day and restart the server.

After that the jobs completes in some hours, the server notice in system event log:

"The consistency initialization pass has completed for logical drive 3 of array controller P400 located in server slot 1."

Thanks so much