4265 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress - Message

plbrdmn
Occasional Visitor

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress - Message

Hi

hoping someone can help with this. We have a Proliant DL180 G5 with a Smart Array E200. We have three Arrays currently configured for this server. For a long time now Array C has been reporting the following:

785 Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 3. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve.

Logical Drive 3 is undergoing parity initialization

The server has had the firmware updated, the rebuild priority changed to high, the surface scan priorty changed to high and its been rebooted. The server has been left for weeks to see if it finishes but it hasnt changed.

There is nowhere that allows us to see where the progress is up to and I cant find any logs other than the diagnostic report which tells me what I already know.

The server is out of warranty/support so really this is my last resort. Other than this then I'm pretty flummoxed as to what to try next.

Thanks

Paul