Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare Metal Recovery with HP 530FLR-SFP+ Nic

jimmyeao
Occasional Visitor

Bare Metal Recovery with HP 530FLR-SFP+ Nic

Hi,

we have been trying to do a BMR (From System Centre DPM) by booting our server (HP DL380P Gen 8) from the Windows Installation CD, and then attempting to load the driver for the HP 530FLR-SFP+ Nic (10Gbe). We get no error, but the driver does not appear to work as expected, and we cannot browse the network. ipconfig shows no information.

The same process with a HP 560 nic works fine. We have the latest drivers from HP and have tried both Win 2k8R2 and 2012R2 bootmedia.

This leads me to suspect that there is perhaps another driver that needs to be loaded first in order for the card to be recognized.

Any ideas gratefully received.

1 REPLY
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Bare Metal Recovery with HP 530FLR-SFP+ Nic

Hi,

I understand that BMR does not happen with 530FLR but the same BMR happens with 560FLR.

At this point, I dont have much information or solution why exactely this happens, but 560FLR being a newer chip, this BMR might be enabled.

Refer to HP Flexible Network adapters for HP ProLiant DL and ML servers (Page# 7)

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx%2F4AA3-9698ENW.pdf

HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530FLR-SFP+ Adapter, uses Broadcom 57810S as Network controller
HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 560FLR-SFP+ Adapter, uses Intel 82599 as Network controller

I am guessing that Broadcom 57810S may not have BMR enabled or may be incompatible with the particular OS or may be it needs a newer driver/firmware.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers