cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery/Clock

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Battery/Clock

When my Proliant 800 is turned off the clock stops running, and starts where it stopped when turned back on. For example if I shut it down on a date at 03:00pm, and leave it turned off for 2 hours, when I turned it back on the time is 03:01pm, the date is the same as the date when it was shut off. My system has the external battery installed. I have to assume that I installed the external battery correctly, because no matter how long I leave it turned off the BIOS settings are kept; and this was not the case before I installed the external battery. (Battery was purchased from Compaq, but the book they sent doesn't have instructions for Proliant).
I have a UPS attached to the system. The UPS powers the system down safely after the utility power fails. However, when the system comes back up, the time is off by how ever long the outage was.
4 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Battery/Clock

You might need to replace the systemboard depending on whatrevision of system board you might have.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Sebastien Turgeon
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem with my Compaq Proliant 800 Server.

And I did EXACTLY the same things trying to solve my problem.

User: How did you manage to solve your problem? Did you change your systemboard?

Mark Cloutier: What do you mean by:
"...depending on whaht revision of system board you might have"

How do I know what revision of system board do I have?

And, given that my systemboard revision do not need replacement in order to solve this problem, what else can I do?

Thank you.

Sebastien Turgeon
paolo barzanti
Occasional Visitor

then which e' the solution, which e' the review of the system board with which the external batteries work correctly
paolo barzanti
Occasional Visitor

then which e' the solution, which e' the review of the system board with which the external batteries work correctly