6310 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Battery on HPSA1 Alert on ESXi5

cactusjack
Regular Visitor

Battery on HPSA1 Alert on ESXi5

A little new to the HP proliant line - running ESXi 5.5 on DL320 G6

There is an alert in vCenter I can't seem to grasp exactly what it means - I have tried reading some posts/docs about this but still having a hard time on how to approach the remedy for this;

I have attached a SS of the alerts and I have also tried resetting the sensors to see if maybe the alerts were a false positive

Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Battery on HPSA1 Alert on ESXi5

It looks like there is an issue with the battery of the P410 RAID controller. The battery probably has failed. Have you checked the status of the RAID controller with ACU or SSA? 

cactusjack
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated :)

I am unable to get either ACU or SSA running since the physical server is running esxi with no VMs on it (and i believe those apps wouldnt work on a VM either, not sure correct me if i am wrong).

I configured iLO and will be updating the firmware of the server before proceeding any further - hopefully it is just a false positive

Thanks again!

TTr
Honored Contributor

The ACU/SSA is available for ESX and may be installed on your server. If not, check out
http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3929675&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4115
it is probably under the "Application" (Service Pack) item, third item.