ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753297 Members
6672 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bios Update Failed-How to recover

Jeff Foss

Bios Update Failed-How to recover

I used the windows Based BIOS upgrade utility on a Proliant ML115-5 server from Windows 2008. Process ran for more than one hour before server went down and failed to reboot. Only fans now seem to work. No Bios, no screen, no post, nothing. Is there any way to recover. Server is brand new but had a 2 year old bios.
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Bios Update Failed-How to recover

There does not seem to be a Dual BIOS system on this hardware model, and the Maintenance and Service Guide does not give any procedures for BIOS flash failure recovery.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01410662/c01410662.pdf

I'm afraid you'll have to contact HP for hardware repair. If the server is still under warranty and you used a HP-documented procedure for BIOS upgrade, a warranty repair/replacement is likely.

MK
MK
u84823
Regular Advisor

Re: Bios Update Failed-How to recover

There definitely seems to be an issue with this ML115 G5 flash (as well as HPs nVidia drivers) - I had one fail in flash as well (and hence won't touch my others!).

I've never seen any other machine fail in this way but as stated it's an engineer to replace Mobo job.