1752576 Members
4047 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bios settings

chiphayn
Occasional Contributor

Bios settings

i have external drives hooked to the server through usb, as backups.  Anytime we reboot the server, it freezes on startup due to these drives.  There is no legacy usb support in the server bios settings and the server has ps/2 for mouse/keyboard.  I disable usb in the bios and for some reason, the ps/2 is disabled now as well.  therefore, i cannot access the bios because i cannot use a keyboard. Is there a way to enable the usb support without a keyboard and also, why would an external usb drive be freezing the server on bootup? thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
chiphayn
Occasional Contributor

by the way, the server is an HP G3 Proliant DL140

chiphayn
Occasional Contributor

UPDATE

I am back into the bios settings and in working condition.  Still having a problem with the Server freezing up on boot unless the 2tb hard drive is unplugged from the port.  Removable devices is setup after hard disk in the boot order so i am confused as to why the server freezes on boot with the external drive plugged in to the USB port.  Any suggestions?

jmquesadarivel
Frequent Advisor

server will try to boot from USB before Controller by default, just go to the BIOS and change boot order and make sure usb is listed after OS controller