5705 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Enclosure fault Error Indication

Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Blade Enclosure fault Error Indication

Hi,

I have installed a Bl-P Class Blade enclosure and working fine for the last 3 months. Last week i observed in the back side of the balde enclsoure Back Plane "Fault Led" is ON. But the Blade enclosure and all the Blade servers are working normally.
What is the step i have to take to clear this error indication in the Blade server Enclosure Back Plane.Pls advice all the servers are critical production servers for a banking Sector,

Thanks,
Navaneet
12 REPLIES 12
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

On your backplane next to the light there is a reset button (you may need a pin)that you could press and correct this fault. It should not affect your servers.
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Also, log into the service port on the module with a null modem cable. There is a service screen you can look at and get the error code for the fault.

What code is it showing?
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have attached the error screen shots as attachments. its showing as Slot 6 is failed. But the server in Slot 6 is working normally. So pls advice what i have to do clear this problem.

Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Can you get a screen shot of the Faults page? Also, if you have done so already - reboot the management controller using the reset button - or just unplug it and plug it back in.
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Pls find the attached screenshots for your response
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

This one doesnt have a screen shot of the Faults page - you have to press "F" to see the faults page. There should be an error code that indicates why the LED is on.
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Pls find the attached file for the error screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,
Navaneet
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks. Those fault codes (1 & 2) for the blade are iLO errors.

One of them indicates an I2C error and the other indicates an interrupt error (that is the only information the error codes provide, sorry).

Is your iLO working correctly? Does it have the latest firmware (for iLO and the blade firmware)? Perhaps the iLO or system board in that blade are defective.

Another possibility is that something is wrong on the I2C bus between the iLO and the management board - you could test that out by moving the blade.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You can see from bay status Slot 6 suspected
Either Swap Management Modules around reset it
Update Firmware if needed 2.30 is the latest
Move Server Around
Otherwise stat suspecting Signaling backplane or Power Backplane depend if you have any additional problem in the server itself

If Possibly power down completely and pull all cables and servers, reconnect cables back and verify either with servers or without

if that enclosure actual last one 4th you might start running out of power or HW Problem