1753862 Members
7749 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade failing to power up

Robin Ericsson
Advisor

Blade failing to power up

I have a BL20p G3 blade that failes to power up. It works that far that we can get iLO working and setting up the blade enclosure but when trying to power up this specific blade we get this error message:
"Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Lost Redundant Power (Enclosure Serial Number 8036MJS24M, Slot 1)".

We got four other blades that power ups without a problem when I try them, but this one doesn't. The only difference between them is that the blade that doesn't power up has 2 72GB drives and a bbwc whereas the other blades only have one 36gb drive.
5 REPLIES 5
Max Sorokin
Regular Advisor

Did you try to insert this blade to other enclosure ? If no, try it, may be this is a problem of bay for this server.
/Maxim
Troy Blewitt
Advisor

Current versions of the hardware split power distribution down the middle of the enclosures. So you can have good power for the first four bays, but no power to the other four bays.
Robin Ericsson
Advisor

We have a 1U power enclosure with power supplies in bay 1, 2, 5 and 6.

The "other" blades work without problems and bay 2, 3, 4, 5 (haven't tried the other).

I've tried the blade that doesn't work in bay 1 and 2 without any luck.
Robin Ericsson
Advisor

Ok, solved. The problem was that I didn't finish the "HP BladeServer Setup"-wizard. After going through all steps and resetting the server, it works. thanks for the help.
Robin Ericsson
Advisor

Se previous reply.