5998 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade server- Display through Monitor

Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Blade server- Display through Monitor

Hi,,
we have a 3 Blade Enclosure filed with 24 Blades. Is there any way i can connect a Cnsole to see the diaplay.. Like rackmountable TFT monitor i can see the display for the blade servres..

curretly i am using remote dekstop and Fornt side ilo port to see the status of the blade...

how do i conncet the Monitor to the Blade servrs???

Thanx
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Either one
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

hi,
how to connect the blade bl 20 p g3 server with the ip console switch??

Thanks,
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no way to connect to a KVM on a long term basis unless you have 24 front port ilo/diagnostic dongles AND you don't mind keeping them connected.

Not sure why you use the front side ilo when you can easily use the back side. Perhaps you have other issues we don't know about.

If you have some time, you should invest in Systems Insight Manager. It can easily tell you the status of each blade with a quite glance at the web interface.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Please note that the "SUVI" cable (iLO dongle) is not designed for persistent connections and constant use will likely damage the connector.
Mike Gentles
Advisor

Also keep this in mind. When you plug in the front dongle to a blade server, it is designed as a temporary troubleshooting tool. Whether you use the iLo connection or hook up a USB hub with a keyboard, mouse and cd drive externally with a monitor (usually with the external power station on a desk). When the dongle is plugged in it disables the iLo output to the back through either the B side switch/patch panel or through the new iLo port on the enhanced mgmt module. You do not want this dongle plugged in long term.

Mike