108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blinking indicator light

SOLVED
Go to solution
bluechips
Occasional Contributor

Blinking indicator light

There is a blinking indicator light, the warning light on the server, but the error logs are not pointing to anything in particular. What is the best way for me to detect and correct this error, whatever it is?
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Blinking indicator light

Hi,

First of all we will need to know the server model and exactly which light (led) is blinking. If it's the blue led (Unit Identification) which is blinking it may simply indicate that someone has remote access to your system using the ILO connection.

Please update with further details.

Brian
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

I guess NIC any other hehehe
bluechips
Occasional Contributor

sorry guys, the server is a proliant ml 570 G2. There are four lights on the upper right console, they are usually green in color, the second from the left, which appears as an exclamation mark is the one that has a blinking amber light on it. Thanks.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

You actually have an ML570 G1, not a G2. The G2 does not have the exclamation mark on the second LED.

Your flashing amber led indicates that you have a memory error on at least one memory dimm.

If you open the lid and look at the top left area on the peripheral board's 7-segmnent LED panel.(The board where the video and keyboard/mouse plug into)you will see a 2 digit code. This code will tell you which memory dimm is faulty.

I have put together an image to help you identify the peripehral board codes and relate them to the faulty memory dimm location.

This file is attached to my reply.

You should be able to identify the memory dimm affected fairly easily. The dimm may just need to be reseated but if it needs to be replaced I have also included the spare part numbers for the dimms in the attached image file.

I hope this helps.

Brian
bluechips
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian, you have confirmed a few things for me, I was wondering why I could not find the 7-segment led panel. The reason was because it is a ML 530 rather than a 570, again i apologize, i got this post mixed up with another server.

But using your instructions as a guideline, i there is a red light on DIMM 2 on the server, so i will reseat it at the end of workind day tonight, if not, I will order some memory for it. Do you have the memory specifications for this model?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have attached ML530 G2 information including memory dimm part numbers at the bottom of the image.

These are Compaq Spare Part numbers, used for service calls.

Regards,

Brian

bluechips
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian, the server is now displayin 4 green lights, i think thats a plus!! Thank you so much for you assistance.