108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Screen at boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Blue Screen at boot

The first node on my CL 380 is blue-screening when the second node is booted. Node 1 has Windows 2K AS installed and cluster is configured. The second node will boot if the first node is down. Brought up individually, either node can access the shared storage. I have another functioning CL that I have used as a tester. I swapped the disks and CR 3500 controllers and same result so I know the backplane, cables, ect. are good. The 64 bit controller on node 1 is set to ID 6 and node 2 is ID 7. The blue screen seems to be caused by sym_hi.sys (SCSI driver ??). I would be grateful for any help. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor
Solution

1. Since your system is blue-screening with the sym_hi.sys it is a good indication that the Customer Support Pack (CSP for Windows 2000) has not been installed or the SCSI driver was not updated correctly. The 64-bit controllers should be using the latest cpq32fs2.sys SCSI driver. This CSP can be downloaded from the support web or can be ran directly off the Smart Start CD.

Included below are other suggestions that can be verified just to be safe:

2. Make sure that the Slot 2 - 64 bit controller (Port 1) is set to ID6 for Node 1 and ID7 for Node2. This is a dual port controller so make sure you are looking at Port 1 of the card when you are in the System Configuration Utility by pressing F10 upon boot up.

3. Do you have anything connected to Port 2 of the 64-bit card? We do not support using Port 2 of this card in the CL380 packaged cluster. Also make sure the 64-bit card is in PCI slot 2.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I re-installed the Compaq Support Paq for W2k and that did the trick. Thank you, I was going crazy.