New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Screen on Windows 2003 Install on ML310 G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
bazianm
Occasional Contributor

Blue Screen on Windows 2003 Install on ML310 G5

Hi,

I am trying to reinstall Windows SBS 2003 on a Proliant ML310 server. I made the smartcd and reformatted the drive. I run the setup and I get a blue screen of death with a DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on HPCISSs2.sys. I googled it and it told me to update the firmware. I downloaded the updated firmware DVD and applied it.

Despite all this, i am still getting the blue screen when I reboot and let the system proceed to Install. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Make sure you are using HP SmartStart CD x32 version 8.70 (B).

If still getting the BSOD, try the below steps:

1.Slipstream SP2 to the Windows 2003 CD:

nLite would be the easy way, but that in consideration that nLite is 3rd-party software.

2.Slipstream storport update KB957910 with nLite as well.

There is a way to slipstream without the use of 3rd party software, only with Microsoft service pack/hotfixes installers. See the following Microsoft articles:

Information on "How to slipstream hotfixes that replace pre-existing driver files" at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814847/.

Information on "How to integrate software updates into your Windows installation source files" at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828930/.

3.Make the new Windows 2003 setup files bootable with nLite as well.

If you dont know that Windows 2003 CD has Service Pack 2 or not, look for a file called "Win51*.sp2" located in the root of the CD. The ".sp2" extension will demonstrate that the CD has Service Pack 2 bundled.

For example:
If there is a file called win51as.sp1 , then the CD only has Service Pack 1.

Good Luck!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Try the following:

1. Reboot the machine and get into BIOS.

2. Go to System Options тЖТ Processor Options тЖТ Intel Hyper threading . Disable this option.

3. Go back to Processor Options and choose Core Disabling . Then choose One core .

4. Save the changes and reboot the server. Continue with the installation as normal.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
bazianm
Occasional Contributor

I did a standard SP2 slipstream and it seems to be working! I am updating as I type this. THANKS!