1753481 Members
4215 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Screen

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Blue Screen

After installing the new Support Paq (Version 5.50) everytime I restart the server I get a BSO while Windows 2000 is shutting down. The BOS I get is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. The file that is talks about is cpqss.sys. I rebuilt this machine (it is a test server) and applied version 5.40 of the Support Paq and did not have this problem. As soon as 5.50 gets loaded on the server Blue Screens everytime. I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on. Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've got the same problem with support Paq 5.50 w2k sp3 and a Proliant 6500
jul
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with a Proliant 6000 and version 5.50 of the support Paq.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm running SP3 for W2K too. I just put 5.40A back on the server and everything runs fine. Now if I could just figure out why it is acting like this.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Please update the system BIOS and firmware version of array controller before upgrading the support paq.

Regards,
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

All the firmware is up to date and it still Blue Screens with a STOP error. The controller is a 3100ES at rev A v 4.50 and the System is at P43(12/28/1999). Even the Firmware on each SCSI disk is up to date...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I do now what. I checked what was on the system with what was posted on the website for the drivers and stuff.
Eric Summers
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem. I have 2 Proliant 6500 servers (Quad PPro 200) with Smart-2DH controllers. All applicable ROMPaqs have been applied. Whenever I shutdown or restart the system generates a blue screen on cpqss.sys. The OS is W2K Advanced server with sp3 and version 6 of the support paq. This problem also happened with sp2 and version 5.50 of the support paq. The servers run great unless you try to shut them down. Any ideas?
mike fell

I have the same error with same scenerio on a 6500. All Compaq updates and Microsoft updates have been installed (subsystems and OS). Everything works fine on the 2000 loaded on this 6500 until PSP 5.50 is loaded. PSP 6.0 didn't make any difference. Come on HP show us your mettle and communicate!
Mesh_1

So is there still no solution other than running Support Paq 5.4? I have the same problem and I am on a Proliant 6500.