1753792 Members
7134 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Screening on NT Install

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Blue Screening on NT Install

Any ideas why the NT should crash after it has installed the Networking information and about to load the system files.

I have a Array controller 431 inside and loaded the support from the system CD ....

I am not confident that the driver is reporting the correct amount of available disk space in a raid 5 config... I have 4 9.1GB drives and it says the largest size partition is 7GB although the disks logical information say the 26GM which it should....
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have exactly the same problem today.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Any ideas ??
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Follow the following to resolve the issue

There is also another configuration to apply when setting up the NIC on the
ML370.

NT detects an Intel 82557 chipset for the NIC, instead of the NC3163 chipset

On the Network installation window, uncheck the Intel 82557 nic and add the
Compaq Ethernet/fast Ethernet controller (N100NT.SYS) from the fourth floppy
of the NTSSD.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this. I used it and it seemed to do the trick, although the driver is actually listed as Compaq Fast Ether net or Gigabit controller. However on a successful boot into TN, checking the driver in the Network Properties, Adapter Tab , it says NC3163.....
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SDowne has the correct answer... NT will try to autodetect the NIC and has an outdated Intel 82557 driver that will NOT work. Just uncheck the Intel driver and use ours.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

how can i detect and use the two card ( intel 82557 and compaq NC3163 ) because Windows just detect the compaq NC3163.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NT Can not see more than 8.0 gb at install. SP4 is required to see larger disk. Install SP4 or above and then run disk manager on remaining unformatted space.