1753468 Members
4779 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue screen after Win2k installation into DL380 G4

Kim Brandon

Blue screen after Win2k installation into DL380 G4

Hi,
When I took unattended Win2k installation onto DL380G4 server, I met blue screen after full copy and installation of Win 2k. It was final reboot for Win2k installation, and error message was INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
The server configuration is standard G4 and additional device such as array controller for MSA30 and no floppy diskette driver.
Would you help me out?
4 REPLIES 4
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Hi Kim,

Try to install the server using smartstart 7.10?
You also can disconnect the msa30 for now and connect it after the OS +latest HP support pack are installed.

Leon

e4services
Honored Contributor

Sounds as if you did not use the SmartStart CD, but installed from the Windows CD only. Windows will not install the complete drive set necessary for the server and therefore not find any bootable devices without the drivers.
- You have 2 options, use the SmartStart CD
- Install any drivers you can download from Compaq support, specifically the SCSI and RAID controllers to have any drives or configured RAID logical drives available.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Kim Brandon

Hi,
Thanks for the recommendation. In fact, I installed Windows 2000 server thru SmartSmart 7.10 and unattended CD. Moreover I removed Disk Array Controller and additional Ultra SCSI card prior to installation.
First time, I presumed blue screen might be caused by Smart Array 6i firmware version, V 2.26. So I upgraded firmware from V2.26 to V2.34(?). However I just met the same situation with blue screen.
May I have any idea from you guys?
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Did you check the boot order and the controller boot order in RBSU (F9 at POST)?