5086 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blue screen after installing PSP8.30

Ray1224
Occasional Contributor

Blue screen after installing PSP8.30

Dear all experise,

I have a DL380 G6 E5504 server with Window 2003 R2 installed. After installing the PSP8.30 downloading from HP web site, the system is started with blue screen.

Here I would like to know, how can I recover the system. The server is a nearby. I can just reach it by ILO.

Thanks,

Raymond Cheung
9 REPLIES 9
RonyHanka
Regular Advisor

Re: Blue screen after installing PSP8.30

Hi,

Try to boot the server with the Last Know configuration option (at boot time press F8 then you will receive a menu, you can choose the last known configuration option or the safe mode option).

You are getting the blue screen directly after the server boots?
Ray1224
Occasional Contributor

Hi RonyHanka,

I am not nearby the server. I am accessing the server by ILO. I have already tried to press F8 in my ILO, but not success.

The blue screen is appeared during booting up by Windows.

Thanks!
RonyHanka
Regular Advisor

at what level you are hitting F8??

you must start hitting it when you see the following message:
F9....
F10....

then start hitting F8 repetitively until you see a new menu offering safe mode boot, last known configuration boot and other type of boot options.
Ray1224
Occasional Contributor

There is no F9, F10 option appeared.

The blue screen appear after Windows 2003 server logo.

Is there any things that I can do?
Ray1224
Occasional Contributor

I've got it and started with safe mode. What should I do when I am in safe mode? I have tried to uninstall HP services, but unsucessful. How can I uninstall the PSP8.30.

Thanks!
RonyHanka
Regular Advisor

First, did you tried to boot with the last known configuration? then you will be able to keep this configuration if it booted with no errors.

if it didn't succeed i would suggest removing the newly added drivers and installing older versions.
RonyHanka
Regular Advisor

By the way, most probably it is the Smart Array driver that is causing the problem.

Ray1224
Occasional Contributor

Last known config is not successful.

If remove the SMART ARRAY Driver, will it affect the SMART ARRAY config and so cause the data lost.

Currently there is two RAID disk formed.

Thanks!
RonyHanka
Regular Advisor

No, it will not cause any data loss.

verify which driver is installed, if it is not the latest try to download and install the latest from HP website. if it is the latest, then try to download a previous version.

by the way, since the server is a new one, can't you open a case with HP so they can assist too?