cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen at start up

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Blue screen at start up

I have a DL360, which I wish to run W'2000 Advanced Server, I have configured the startup with Smart Start 4.90 with no problems, I install the o. s. with success, but when it asks me to re start removing the CD, it starts, and stops during the 'welcome' screen and after 2 or 3 minutes I receive a STOP blue screen, saying UNACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue screen at start up

Sound like a driver problem with the boot controller. Which controller are you using? Could you please describe your hard drive environment to me? How many drives and how are they connected?

Have a nice day,

Mike
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem when trying to install 2000. I have a compaq hard disk and a compaq SCSI controller (well, it was one shipped with the server), there is only one hard disk and it doesn't matter how I jumper it or where I place it in the SCSI chain, the same error occurs. The termintor is set correctly as well. I've seen this problem with a SCSI and Array controller conflicting before, but this has only got a SCSI controller in it! Please advise me too!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have a same problem , but on DL320.
I have tried to install by installing specific SCSI controller drivers, which I down loaded from Compaq. I have tire a couple of versions, same rob. occurs.
When I install SO by "Assisted Integrator" mode from Smart Start, it did not work perfectly, I have to rebut the system a couple of times, but after a couple of rebut, finally HAD was detected.

Do people solve this prob?? If so, please advice me on this issue.

Thanks