1753521 Members
5007 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue screen lock ups no error codes

Tim_361
Advisor

Blue screen lock ups no error codes

OK, Proliant ML 330 G3, Windows SBS 2003 Prem SP1 - three times now, I've come in to find a blue screen, mouse cursor moves, but cannot login. Crtl-Alt-Del does nothing. It's not the mosue, nor keyboard. Have had to do a hard restart/power off, to clear. I can access the server from remote management in Remote Web Workplace, though a restart from there does not work. Everything seems to be running... but it's a pain not to be able to accees computer locally. Any one run across these blue screen lock ups, without error codes?
4 REPLIES 4
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

1. Any error message with the bluescreen.
2. Firmware upgrade?
3. Offline diagnostics by booting from smartstart cd - does it yiled any h/w error indication?

do post ur findings..
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Tim_361
Advisor

1. Any error message with the bluescreen. NONE
2. Firmware upgrade?
YES
3. Offline diagnostics by booting from smartstart cd - does it yiled any h/w error indication?
- Will try after I hard shutdown reboot the server, but then it works.
Denise Hannah

Yes......after the hp slash....and after the xp splash.....blue screen lock-ups, without an error code! This only happened after I installed windows xp home. Pushed f8....ran in safe mode.....now instead of the BSOD....there is now a black screen lock-up, with no error codes
Tim_361
Advisor

Denise - the only thing I've found to consistently address this issue - is whenever I do any Microsoft/Windows Update, I make sure I have the latest HP PSP - Proliant Server Pak, and run it after any other updates. It' takes longer, is more work - but I don't get these blue screen lock ups. Hope this helps - Tim