1753823 Members
9345 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blue screen of death

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Blue screen of death

I have been running my ML370 for about 3 months now, a few weeks ago I got the following message.

The Compaq System Management Driver has detected that the system encountered an TN bug check prior to this boot. The bug check data was: STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF3B7D783).

When this happened, the server re started on its own twice within a half hour and then finally blue and I powered down and up. this seemed to fix the problem. This morning it bled screened again with the same message (the server is automatically re booted every Sunday morning).

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what this problem is.

Thanks....
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue screen of death

I'm experiencing a similar issue (Thursday, not Sunday) with one of my ML370s running NT4.0 sp6a and SOL Server 7. My blue screen is "STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00B7C0C4, 0x0000000s, 0x00000000, 0x80140498). followed up by that non-specific IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL and NTOSKRNL.EXE... We've exhausted all other avenues and are opening a ticket I/ Micro soft. I'll drop you a line if I've anything useful to share.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue screen of death

I have had the same issue on four servers, however they are not ML370's. They are ML570's (1 server PIII Xeon 800Mhz and 1 server PIII Xeon 700Mhz) and ML530's (2 servers PIII Xeon 700Mhz). They are all dual processors, running Windows 2000 SP1. The event id is 4188, and the source: cpqasm. The Stop data changes with every error.
I am confused by your statement that says the server is automatically rebooted every Sunday. The next reply suggests that they are getting the NT Bug Check error every Thursday. Do you have something in place (procedure-wise) that reboots your server every Sunday to clear the memory, or are you indeed getting the NT Bugcheck error every Sunday? I had a technician at a computer support company tell me that if it is indeed happening on the same day of the week concurrently, it is because the operating sytem does an "inventory" of hardware, on schedule and there apparently is a hardware failure somewhere. If that is the case, I would recommend running the Compaq Server Diagnostics Utility, and selecting it not to stop on errors. It will create a log file that you can check for hardware failures. However, this is not how the NT Bugcheck errors I am getting occur. They happen every so often, without warning, at all times of the day and night. So far I have reloaded and updated the system partition, flashed the BIOS to the latest release date, applied the latest Compaq Support Pak, and have run Compaq Diagnostics on the servers. It's still happening. My next step is to disable auto-recovery so I can see the blue screen when the stop occurs. Next step will be to check the memory.dmp file.
I will keep you posted on what I find.