Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen

Sandor_
Occasional Visitor

Blue screen

Hello,

We have a brand new ML310e with the default b120 controller, unpacked and installed Hyper-v server 2012 r2 via intelligent proviosioning.

Server installed and during configuration blue screen appeared with "kernel_security_check_failure" error message.

Crush dump shows that crash is "Probably caused by : HPSA2.sys ( HPSA2+1d115 )"

HP insight diagnostics shows no error yet.

Any idea? Could be  driver issue?

4 REPLIES
Casper42
Trusted Contributor

Re: Blue screen

Pretty sure 2012 R2 is not ye t supported.
Skip Intelligent Provisioning and just install using the Hyper-V ISO/CD
Then go back afterwards and get the 2012 R2 Supplement SPP and run that.
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V is supported for ML310e Gen8.

Do read Implementing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 on HP ProLiant servers.

There is a note in the above document as "HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i, HP Dynamic Smart Array B320i HPSA2.SYS special instructions: The driver included in the supplement is the same version used for W2K8 R2. An updated version of the driver will be available with the HP SPP release in early 2014."

Do refer to page#6 from the above pdf for Windows Server 2012 R2 Supplement Release for Service Pack for ProLiant.

Good Luck!

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

sweatt79
Occasional Visitor

So I got my HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T 4GB-U B120i NHP SATA 1TB W2012 Ess Svr/S-Buy, and installed windows server 2012 r2 essentials, the server runs.  I got to install all the updates from the "Windows Server 2012 R2 Supplement Release for Service Pack for ProLiant" from the page 6  and followed the instructions to installing it.  

Now the server will reboot a few times with the "kernel_security_check_failure" blue screen.  I see in the document drivers should be available in "early 2014", but does that mean we should not use the MicroServer running WinSVR2012R2?  

If I keep the server on with the rebooting destroy the server until the update drive is available...???

Thanks for any one who replies
Jason

A new version was released to the web which includes W2K12 R2 support (62.8.0.64)