4093 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot Controller Disk Size = 0 MB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Proliant User

Boot Controller Disk Size = 0 MB

I am using a Proliant ML370 G2 with a 5300 series array controller and five 18.2 gig drives. All the firmware is updated up to the 7.10B maintenance CD. I am using the 7.10 SmartStart CD for configuration.

I was able to configure the array controller with no difficulty using RAID 5. Upon returning to the Home tab, it states that the boot controller disk size is 0 MB. Because of that, I am unable to launch the Setup. I ran the array diagnostic utility and it did not find a problem. I also ran the server diagnostics utility and it did not find a problem. I reseated the controller and cable.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
e4services
Honored Contributor

Did you Intitialize the logical drive? That is logically format the logical drive after you created the logical drive, RAID 5 configuration of 5 18GB disks.
Sounds as if it is not Initialized.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Try to use latest (7.40) SmartStart.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

Is the raid controller set to be the boot controller?
This needs to be changed in the RBSU(reboot and press f9 when prompted)
It should list the what is the boot controller in the home page of smart start. you maybe have the onboard scsi as the boot controller, hence 0mb as no disks attached/configured.

Andy
Proliant User

Andy had the correct answer. This will teach me to not be lazy. I used to always check to make sure the boot order was set correctly, but I stopped doing it because SmartStart always seemed to figure it out correctly on its own. Everything is working fine now. Thanks!