ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748244 Members
3908 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot on LAN problem - HP ML370 G4

Lidvar Kornberg

Boot on LAN problem - HP ML370 G4

I need to install server OS on a HP ML370 G4 server from a Remote Installation Server (RIS). I boot the server and press F12 to boot from LAN. I get a DHCP address assigned from the DHCP server, and are asked to press F12 again to initiate the LAN boot (so far so everything is OK). When I press F12 the server is supposed to load the setup screens from the RIS server, but instead it reboot the server and starts all over again.

I have tried upgrading both the BIOS and the NIC firmware, but it does not help. Anyone know if this is a bug?
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please see the following advisory on this problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EM041123_CW01

I hope this helps.

Brian
Lidvar Kornberg

The article explian the exact same problem I have, but the article are only referring to the 6i controller. I have a 641 controller. I tried to update the firmware to the latest version on my controller, but this did not solve it. I guess they have not implemented the same fix for the 2 controllers (?)....
Lidvar Kornberg

I found a solution to this problem:
Change the IRQ number on the Smart Array controller (in my case this is a 641 controller) to i.e. IRQ10.