1753893 Members
7415 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bootable HPSUM Switches for TPM

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Bootable HPSUM Switches for TPM

Is there a guide for editing the grub.cfg menu on the bootable HPSUM ISOs?

I see some switches like AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS but was wondering if there were more switches for bypassing the TPM, powering off on failure, etc.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: Bootable HPSUM Switches for TPM

Hi, 

Editing grub.cfg of HPSUM ISOs are not recommended or supported by HPE. 

Also, please elaborate the 2nd question. are you referring to the system maintenance dip swithes?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

In the Grub.cfg on the vmlinuz line there is:

linux /system/vmlinuz media=cdrom root=/dev/ram0 splash quiet hp_fibre cdcache TYPE=AUTOMATIC AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=yes AUTOREBOOTONSUCCESS=no modprobe.blacklist=aacraid,mpt3sas ${linuxconsole}

I was wondering if there was any more options available for the above (in bold).  I have a configuration process where i prefer shutdown after firmware updates, but a lot of the time the shutdown does not work properly for whatever reason (maybe a firmware flash failure, not considered success).

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

we do not recommend to edit the grub.cfg file as mentioned earlier and if you have any issues like firmware flash failure, shutdown failure after updates i recommend to log a case with HPE Support.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@rookie1082 wrote:

Hi,

In the Grub.cfg on the vmlinuz line there is:

linux /system/vmlinuz media=cdrom root=/dev/ram0 splash quiet hp_fibre cdcache TYPE=AUTOMATIC AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=yes AUTOREBOOTONSUCCESS=no modprobe.blacklist=aacraid,mpt3sas ${linuxconsole}

I was wondering if there was any more options available for the above (in bold).  I have a configuration process where i prefer shutdown after firmware updates, but a lot of the time the shutdown does not work properly for whatever reason (maybe a firmware flash failure, not considered success).

There are no user configurable options to add on the boot line

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!