1748177 Members
4260 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Bootable USB

angelinka
Regular Visitor

Bootable USB

I have a ProLiant ML10 Gen9 and i want to create a bootable USB using rufus but unable to complete the process. It says processing failed. What am i doing wrong. Anyone has any guide or step  by instructions on how to create bootable using Rufus. please help

6 REPLIES 6
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: Bootable USB

Hi,

Can you please share the error snap ?

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

angelinka
Regular Visitor

Unable to add image to the post. It says ISO image extraction failure. What are the different recommended ways to create bootable for similar servers?

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have used SPP image to make USB bootable with following settings and it works for me,

Check if that helps,

Run Rufus as an administrator,

Device:  choose your USB device <I have tried with 32GB USB drive from scandisk> 
Boot selection: Select ISO
Partition Scheme: MBR
Target:BIOS or Uefi
Filesystem: Fat32
Cluster size: default(16K)

Or

You can try HPE USB Key Utility,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_360731071b404454b454390208#tab-history

or

Unetbootin

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Are you trying to make windows ISO image to USB Bootable and getting this error " ISO image extraction failure" ?

Try following

Extract the image, (use 7zip/winrar),
Navigate to the folder and delete autorun file (possibly readonly) ,
Use isocreate tool or any similar tool to make ISO image by selecting the extracted folder.

Now use the rufus again with this image,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

angelinka
Regular Visitor

Yes, that is what i am trying to do..I'll try your steps and will update you. Thank you for your help

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

For creating a bootable USB device from a SPP you should only use the included USBKey utility.

There are config files included in the ISO that are used to create a bootable device.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.