1753912 Members
8827 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Booting with WINNT CD

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Booting with WINNT CD

Contrary to older Proliant systems, when I boot with the WINNT cdrom, it doesn't have the driver for the internal SmartArray. I am trying to reinstall NT on C: drive.

My server is configured to boot on the integrated controler because that is where I want to install NT on a RAID 1 logical drive and that SmartStart automatically select to booting controler for the partition where to install NT. If the external SA 5300 is primary with its external storage unit, NT gets installed on this controler instead of the RAID 1 logical drive in the server.

I created a disk from SSD which has necessary SA drivers. When I boot with NT cdrom, I add the integrated and 5300 SA, but NT reports that it can't find any drive. What am I missing?

Richard.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Booting with WINNT CD

When Booting from the NT CD and it initially comes up and says setup is inspecting hardware you have to hit F6. It will then take you to a screen to add additional drivers, use disk 2 for the NT SSD to load the drivers for the Integrated Array. Then continue with with installation. If you wait till the NT setup asks you if you have any additional drivers its too late and you will have to reboot and start NT installation again.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Booting with WINNT CD

Hi,
I've got it in the back of my mind that the DL580 uses 5i drivers for the integrated. You must push f6 as soon as you see the screen turn blue and then it's some time before you get the option to add more drivers. Alternitively why not build with smart start.
Cheers,
dave