1748156 Members
4443 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Break Mirror

Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Break Mirror

I've got a DL360G1 /w HW Raid 1+0. Is there anyway to break the mirror and disable a hard drive while the server is up and running?
11 REPLIES 11
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Break Mirror

Doug:

Please post the OS you're running.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Michael Williams_6
Trusted Contributor

Pull the disk out...
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

There isn't a way to "break" a mirror; you can fail the mirror by pulling the drive out. You will keep getting a post message that the logical drive is in interim recovery till you rebuild the mirror.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Doug:

As Roseanne Roseannadanna once said:

"Never mind."

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Yea.
I'm trying to avoid pulling the drive. It's a bad idea to pull the drive while the server is running. "While the server is up and running" are the key words!
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

What is your actual goal here? Why do you want to disable a hard drive?
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

The goal is somewhat of a quick backout procedure. Currently the users I support shut servers down, pull a drive, make upgrades to the system, test, and if everything is good put the drive back in. If their upgrades blow something up it's pretty quick to get the system back to it's original state by slapping the pulled drive back in. If I could "disable" or remove one of the mirrored drives, let them update the app, and re-establish the mirror if testing is successfull then I don't have to worry about pulling drives. Most of my servers are remote so until I get disk imaging working disabling a drive would be ideal.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What i can suggest, for sure shot you can replace the hdd with the new of same capacity and server starts rebuilding automatically.

If it is not critical then you can try to re-plug the faulty hdd back might start's to rebuild and work for you.

check for rebuilding priorty from acu and progress from acu also.

Regards,
Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

I have no clue what you just said. There is no faulty HDD.