1747987 Members
4611 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE driver upgrade

hegnerd
Occasional Visitor

Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE driver upgrade

It has become necessary for us to upgrade the NIC driver on one of our servers. The server is a DL380 G5. The server is currently using a Microsoft driver from 2006. According to Microsoft this is their latest driver. If I try to use the most recent Broadcom drivers I receive a message stating "Setup cannot proceed with the installation. The setup files are not compatible with the current installed software package." I have consulted with Broadcom and they maintain that the problem is with the server configuration. I consulted with HP and they told me the server is out of warranty (go figure). I am not an HP expert but I'm thinking the issue may be associated with the HP Integrated LightsOut 2 management software. In any case I'm stuck in the mud. Microsoft has nothing to offer, Broadcom is blaming Microsoft and HP won't support the server.

I'm not quite sure what to do short of installing a new independent NIC.

Any ideas would be appre3ciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, to me this sounds like a windows issue if there's a software component blocking installation of another one.
If the network card is working, why would it be a hardware (HP's) problem? Does it?

Wouldn't it be possible to uninstall the current driver somehow?
Safe mode maybe. I'm sure google has lots of entries about how to uninstall a driver in windows 2003 or whatever OS you are running?
pcmluobo

i have the same problem. have u resolved it? 

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

check please download page for your server - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3288134&lang=en&lang=en&cc=us&cc=us&ac.admitted=1347993257031.876444892.199480143 - according your windows version. Even for win2003 there are drivers form 2010.

But maybe I just did not understand you point..

Jan

wilsonchua

I tried all the relevant drivers. I still get Code 10 error.
RHS_1

It appears HP have not included the latest drivers in the DRIVER - NETWORK list for the G5. However, a later driver was bundled in the psp v9.1 under SOFTWARE - Support PACK, which changed the NIC description from bcm5708c to a HP NC373i. This was still not supported by the NCU, but if you seach for drivers for the NC373i on the HP site you can download the v7.8.50.0 driver version...