cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcom Nextxreme II on DL580 G5 - Ghost client

Francesco Novelli
Occasional Advisor

Broadcom Nextxreme II on DL580 G5 - Ghost client

I'm having some trouble installing Symantec Ghost Client ver 8.0 Entrprise, on several DL580 G5 servers with Win2000 Srv and Broadcom Nextxreme II NC371i family.
Remote deployment won't work and local interactive setup aborted cause the installer said no network adapter found.
Searching on the Web I found many issues of many softwares with this adapter family.
It seems that the advanced functions (like iSCSI) could cause trouble in old apps recognising the adapter.
I've heard about a Broadcom driver that disables enhanced features but I cannot find it both in HP and broadcom site.
Also in HP website there is no support for Windows 2000 server and DL580 G5, but the SmartStart 7.91 install this OS correctly.
The driver installed is bxnd50x.sys 2.8.13.0
Anyone experienced same kind of trouble?
Best regards and thanks in advance.

Francesco Novelli
2 REPLIES
Francesco Novelli
Occasional Advisor

Re: Broadcom Nextxreme II on DL580 G5 - Ghost client

I update this issue hoping someone could help me.
I tried unpacking new drivers from HP (HP NC-Series Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 - cp008415.exe) and the inf file says Windows 2000 is supported. When I try to update the drivers the installer searches for a file named bxnd50x.sys (the driver itself) that is not included in the package.
I also tried two kind of drivers directly from broadcom.
According to the infos in the registry the HP NC371i should be like a BCM5706c (same vendor and product in the PCI enumerator).
When I install the Broadcom drivers the adapter does not work anymore.
So I'm still searching for an HP driver compatible with Norton Ghost Console Client :-(