1752801 Members
5527 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Brooktrout Fax Card causing G2 crashes?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Brooktrout Fax Card causing G2 crashes?

We have two ML370G2 servers at a remote site. Both servers have the same build, W2k Advanced Server. One of them is working properly, the other one is crashing on occasion. CIM shows that the server hardware is fine. There are no event logs that divulge what the problem is. The only difference in the hardware from the server that's working and the one that's crashing is a Brooktrout Fax Card. Has anyone experienced problems running a TR114 board (or any Brooktrout card) in an ML370G2? Compaq support hasn't been able to determine a problem. Brooktrout says that the card should be supported. The card is working properly, but my gut tells me it's the root cause. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Brooktrout Fax Card causing G2 crashes?

I have a DL380 (G1) running a 4 channel ISDN TR114 Brooktrout board. I use it for faxing with Zetafax Server. The problem I had with the board was that it took too long to initialise the Brooktrout driver and the Zetafax service failed as it was dependent on the board. I ended up using the AutoExNT service to put in a sleep command on the net start Zetafax service.

I realise this may be totally different from your situation but with more details I may be able to suggest other solutions...

Cheers