1748232 Members
3912 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

By-passing the array controller in DL380

Mark Arnold_1

By-passing the array controller in DL380

Hi,
We have a Proliant DL380 with a Integrated Smart Array Controller and 2 9Gb SCSI disks.
Is there any way I can use the disks separately (i.e. no Raid)?
Thanks in advance!
Mark.
2 REPLIES 2
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: By-passing the array controller in DL380

Sure. You can do what you want in a couple of ways. You could configure 2 raid 0's, 1 for each drive, within the Array Configuration Utility.

Another thing you could do, also probably better, would be to physically pull the Integrated Smart Array Controller out. If you open the top of the machine and look down on the right hand side you should see a cable attached to the system board (probably a bluish cable). This will be the one which goes to the drive cage. Next to where the cable is attached you'll see what looks similar to a laptop dimm in a slot. This is the Integrated Smart Array Controller. You should be able to pull this out.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: By-passing the array controller in DL380

Hi there;

Just to elaborate: removing the embedded array controller will only work if you have a first generation DL380.

The DL380 G2 and G3 have no scsi controller function from the systemboard if you remove the embedded array controller.

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.