ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745786 Members
3507 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bypassing CPU Fan error

Bypassing CPU Fan error

Hi,

I bought a second P4 Xeon 3.4Ghz CPU for my HP ProLiant ML350 G4. I also bought a CPU heatsink for that CPU and a PPM; to save (a lot of) money I didn't bought a genuine HP heatsink so the connector that connect it to the motherboard have only three pins not four; it's not the right type; but I discovered that if I connect only two of the pins the ventilator spin correctly. The problem is that the server think my heatsink is defective (the health LED in front is red and the amber LEDs on the motherboard are turned on. Is there a way to bypass the fan health check for the heatsink since I know it's working well?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Bypassing CPU Fan error

IMHO this is not intended for a very good reason.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

I tought all Xeon socket 604 fans were identical... I suppose I just have to buy a genuine HP heatsink
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi there,

Just addition to previous post...

I remember the heatsink issue on ML350 g4 server.. so I get the HP heatsink.

Also there was fix in system bios for temperature issue on this server... so run the server with original CPU and update the system bios and then test the second processor and heatsink.. if does not work get the HP heatsink to try with.

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Hi,

Finally I bought a genuine HP heatsink on eBay for 60$ shipping included...

There is another thing, the voltage regulator health warning LED is also lighted on the mainboard so I hope the problem is not caused by a faulty voltage regulator...