ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753290 Members
5352 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C Drive on disk 1 instead of 0

Rsh_1

C Drive on disk 1 instead of 0

I recently installed Win 2003 enterprise version on new machine. Disk management configuration is:
Disk 0 Unallocated 136 GB
Disk 1 C: with 20 GB and 117.2 GB unallocated.
Is it advisable to have C drive on disk 0 ONLY? Can I configure it now so that 20GB of C drive be on Disk 0 instead of 1? Can you please guide me with this. Thanks,
R S

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: C Drive on disk 1 instead of 0

Hello RSH,

Is you're server as a RAID? usally we first go RAID 0+1 with to drive,it faster and mirror,number 1# i would restart the install,but it not necesary. drive 0 could you're drive D: if you want but you could also make you re drive D: 117 Gbs and E: you drive 0 with 136 gbs.
if you did not do th RAID thing:BUT MY SUGECTION is MAKE RAID 0+1, then you would have 136gb(drive0)<->136Gb(Drive1) if anything happen to other drive you re SAFE.
Then do Windows Server 2003.

Don't forget to apply you re points PLEASE!!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: C Drive on disk 1 instead of 0

For newcommer to HP FORUM:
When you return to view the answer, please rate it by assigning points on a scale of 1-10. To assign points, simply login and click the dropdown points menu next to each reply. Use the following scale when rating a response:

N/A: The reply was a clarification to my original question
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

========================================================================

We appreciate your participation in the HP Support Forums. Thank you for helping build a positive online community.