1753859 Members
7473 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C2700 Controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

C2700 Controller

How do you or what program do you use to low level format your scsi hard drive? My configuration is with a Seagate ST12400N and I can only get 1 gig out of the two....any idea if i format from the controller or elsewhere?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: C2700 Controller

You can use the Compaq server diagnostics and perform a conditional format on the hard drive. This will clean off all partitions and prepare the drive for an OS install. You can download the Compaq diagnostic program from this web address.
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/9214.html

Boot the system with the first disk in the set. Press CTRL-A at the very first screen to get to advanced mode.

Depending on the model of SCSI controller you are using and the operating system that is being used to partition the hard drive, this may be what is limiting you to 1 GB of disk space. You may have to divide the hard drive into multiple OS partitions to use the full amount of disk space. Make sure you are using a recent version of DOS 6.22 OS that supports disk partitions larger than 1 GB.

Also check the drive geometry in the system BIOS, does the full size of the hard drive show up in the BIOS hard ware configuration?