ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748244 Members
3672 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CD-Rom has disappeared

SSheil

CD-Rom has disappeared

I have two Proliant DL380-G4's clustered with connection to EMC SAN. I went to install an application today and realized that the CD rom drive has disappeared. Under computer/manage/disk management, the device does not show up. Under the registry editor, I do see a reference to the drive. What might have caused this, and better yet, how do I regain access to the drive?
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

what about windows device manager?
that should be the first thing to check in my case

are CD-ROM there? unknown marks?

is it booting from CDs?

anyway check this if it is only a Windows issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/02/14/fix-no-cd-or-dvd-drive-with-error-driver-may-be-corrupted-or-missing-code-39/

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

you know what I am not sure if that is going to work in W2003 or the Windows server you got
SSheil

The CD/DVD is not even showing up in device manger. I have scanned for new devices, no luck.
SSheil

In addition, I just rebooted and was able to update the firmware on the server. If I were to delete the registry entry: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, would that force a re-discovery after the next reboot?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Like I told you take a look if that microsoft article applies to windows 2003 and the only way is trying to find the value following the steps.
SSheil

I checked out that document, those values do not exist. Almost seems like the registry has become corrupt.