ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751875 Members
5075 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

CISSESRV/DISK errors on p410i, ADU report is fine, all disks already replaced. HELP!

Dryst

CISSESRV/DISK errors on p410i, ADU report is fine, all disks already replaced. HELP!

We have an HP DL380P G6 server with a p410i that has daily disk/cisserv errors for the past two months. Details are below and i've attached the ADU report

• 2TB RAID 5 LUN, split into two volumes on server. Local storage (8 drives)

• HP diagnostics show no issue with array. We've replaced 6 out of 8 drives for no real reason. HP support ran an ADU report and replaced every drive that had a read/write error over the past three years no matter how small.

• CHKDSK does not show any issues on either volume. SFC /SCANNOW also comes back clean

• On the latest firmware/drivers for the storage controller, hard drives, and HP reporting tools

I'm stumped here. HP support wants us to wipe and rebuild the array as they believe the issue is at the OS level, but this is not easily done considering what his hosted on this server. Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what else I can do? If I have to wipe/rebuild would restoring the server from an image backup bring the issue back? Rebuilding from scratch is not feasible. 

Logical drive 1 of array controller P410i [Embedded] returned a fatal error during a read/write request from/to the volume.

Logical block address 1515811752, block count 8 and command 32 were taken from the failed logical I/O request.

Array controller P410i [Embedded] is also reporting that the last physical drive to report a fatal error condition (associated with this logical request), is located in bay 2 of box 1 connected to port 1I.

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.