1752515 Members
4850 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CL1850 SCSI ids

Mark Stoner_1
Advisor

CL1850 SCSI ids

I have recently had a mobo replaced on one node of the packaged CL1850 cluster. The SCSI id has defaulted to 6 and the other node has the same id. This node is currently sat on a test bench and I can get access to the configuration utility via F10. I can not see where I can change the SCSI id.

Should this node be connected to the shared disk in order to review / amend the SCSI id?
7 REPLIES 7
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You shouldn't have to connect the shared storage to change the scsi id. The scsi adapter installed will have the options to enable and disable it within the SCU. One of the other options will be to change the scsi id.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mark Stoner_1
Advisor

Thanks Terry,

There is a blank line between

SCSI Resources ........ Enabled

Controller order.....Fourth

I presume that this is where it should be.

I have updated the SCU from the Smart start 5.5 CD. but still no difference.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This is the embedded scsi controller or the one in a pci slot?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Mark,

I think you have to enter advanced mode to change the SCSI ID of the embedded controller.

Press CTRL-A after you have entered the BIOS via F10 and you should be advised that Advanced mode has been enabled. You should then be able to go to the "View/Edit hardware" section and scroll down to the SCSI adapter area to change the SCSI ID value there.
The following is taken from the CL1850 CR3500 Array Setup guide.

I hope this helps.

Brian.

System Configuration is part of the SmartStart installation on each node.
At each node, a Compaq 64 bit Dual Channel Ultra2 SCSI controller needs to be set to
SCSI ID 7 or 6 on Port 1. The 64 bit SCSI controllers on both nodes are actually
on the same SCSI bus and must have unique SCSI ID├в s. If the 64 bit Dual
Channel SCSI Controller on the first node is set to SCSI ID 7, the controller on the
second node must be set to SCSI ID 6.
The CR3500 array controller is not an adapter in one of the server├в s slots. Instead, it is a SCSI device on the SCSI bus controlled by the Compaq 64 bit Dual Channel Ultra2 SCSI controllers.

Mark Stoner_1
Advisor

Thanks Guys,
This is a PCI card and is displayed as a Compaq 64 bit Dual Channel Ultra2 SCSI controller.
I have entered the bios and prior to selecting the SCU I did ctrl-A. I did get a notification about advanced mode and hit enter.
The only additional info displayed for the controller is HD drive Geometry.

Still no SCSI id. :(
Mark Stoner_1
Advisor

I have been able to identify the SCSI id as 7.

This was only through connecting a tape drive, changing its id and waiting for a conflict.

I dont know if this will conflict with the other node. I could perform the same test to identify the id on the other node. If they are both set to 7 I am back where I started.

Mark Stoner_1
Advisor

THe facility to modify the scsi id was only available in older versions of the bios. to resolve this issue we changed the id on the other node as there was a conflict. I am waiting for a copy of an old bios version in order to downgrade the node whereby the scsi id can be changed (Just in case the other node has a mobo failure).

THanks for your assistance

mark