ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753768 Members
5300 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CL380, CR3500 stops responding

Andrew Runting

CL380, CR3500 stops responding

We run a CL380 with an expansion bay - total 8 x 72Gb disks. After adding 3 new disks 2 weeks ago (and later removing them after the problems started) the controller stops responding intermittently (serial line shows controller hung) -> cluster goes down completely. Win2Ksp3, latest controller firmware! Seems to happen with large file xfer.
Any ideas????
2 REPLIES 2
Adam Borders

Re: CL380, CR3500 stops responding

I am running into the same type of issues. The nodes in my cluster lose connection to the shared array about every three months. It takes a full powerdown and restart to bring the array back up. Any help would be appreciated.
Andrew Runting_1

Re: CL380, CR3500 stops responding

Hi Adam

we have taken our cluster out of service and are using it as a room heater. The problem still happens even though we are only using it as a backup storage box (ie low importance). We found that a full shutdown is not necessary, shutdown both nodes and press the reset button on the cr3500 is enough.

We have an external 4314R drive array connected to the cluster which I have wondered could be faulty as the problem seems to be data transfer related to those drives.

We have had compaq/hp look at it but they have no ideas. We have tried 4 different CR3500s, latest firmware etc etc.

Have you had any luck?