HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP PL1850R: Keyboard loss after boot

Kristof Elst
Occasional Visitor

CP PL1850R: Keyboard loss after boot

I got this PL1850R from a customer on my desk today. It came on its own, without any peripherals or attachements.

I connected a generic mouse and keyboard (tested on my system) to the PL1850R. The keyboard works fine until the system has POSTed. The second it goes past POST, the keyboard and mouse are disabled (but the numlock light for instance stays on if it was turned on during POST)

The obivous question is: how do I solve this problem? I can't access the system configuration because after pressing F10 during POST, the keyboard will freeze upon arriving at the system configuration screen.
2 REPLIES
Kristof Elst
Occasional Visitor

Re: CP PL1850R: Keyboard loss after boot

Apparently, there's a password I needed to key during POST. I have no idea WHEN so I keep typing the password over and over again but at least it's working now.

Re: CP PL1850R: Keyboard loss after boot

On the motherboard, find 'System Configuration Switch Setting (S1 Settings)' ... Switch position 5 = 'password disabled'. The setting default=off. Switch to ON.
Once 'ON', change in the bios to remove bios password.