4677 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CPQ32FS2 Error Need need Help

Sy Sahade

CPQ32FS2 Error Need need Help

Hi !
I'm running Windows NT SP6, i have
Proliant 2500 with Smart Array 2P and Internal SCSI Ultra Wide 32 bit controller,
and External DDS4 20/40 HP DAT drive on ID 6,
ArcServe 2000 for Windows NT Workgroup Advanced Edition Version 7 with SP4.

I have the following errors:

In the NT event viewer :
Event ID 11
Source CPQ32FS2
Description - The drive detected a controller error on \Device\ScsiPort3

and

Event ID5
Source CPQ32FS2
Description - a parity error was detected on \Device\ScsiPort3

and the Arcseve actvity log the following errors were displayed :

E6300 - Windows NT SCSI Port Error

I first apply all upgrads with SSD 2.22 and SmartStart 5.20 components. I have apply the HP tape device HPdat.sys find in the tape CDROM, and i have reduce the tape speed in the Proliant Setup to SCSI-2 or SCSI-1, but this made no difference.
I have remove CPQ32FS2 and apply Logic Symbios C810 but in this case, there is no errors, and i can run NT Backup; but the tape is not detect by Tape Tools and ArcServe.

I have a look in customer advisaries and this forum and i could find no solution, it appears that many people are having the same problem.

Please, please, i need help. It's six days now i'm working in this problem. Need need help.

Sy
5 REPLIES 5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: CPQ32FS2 Error Need need Help

Have you tried running diags on it using Tape Tools? Event id 11s typically indicate a HW problem (usually the hard drive or tape drive attached to the scsi bus).
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Also is there another machine you can attach this tape drive to? This would indicate whether it's related to the tape drive or not. You may be able to use the symc810 driver, but this will likely require reconfiguring the drive in Arcserve.
Sy  Sahad
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Terry,
How can reconfigure ArcServce with the Symbios C810 device ?

I tking the tape drive and the cables are good, because when i use the Symbios C810 device, i can run NT Backup. But with this device, Arcserve does not see the tape drive.

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I'm not as familiar with Arcserve, but with BU Exec there is an option under "tools" for device configuration.

What is the result of using Tape Tools on the drive with CPQ32FS2 driver installed.

Also just because the symc810 driver seems to work ok with the drive, doesn't mean there isn't something wrong with it (the drive I mean). Have you looked in the event log since loading this driver?
Sy Sahade

Terry,
When i launch Tape Tools, i can see the tape drive attach to the SCSI, but when i run connection Test, the tests failed at the step 3: retrieving test message. With the error message: The computer is unable to send commands to the tape drive.

And after trying access to tape drive, many erros are generated in NT Event viewer: Event ID: 5 source: cpq32fs2 A parity error was detected on \Device\scsiport3