New Discussion

Re: CPQCISSE Event ID: 24586

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prak
Occasional Advisor

CPQCISSE Event ID: 24586

Hi,

I am getting the following message on an Proliant ML370 G4 Server, with a Smart Array 641 Controller. When I check the Array using diagnostics and Insight manager, there are no apparent errors on the controller. The message appears randomly at different times during the day. It may stop appearing for a few days and then return. I have tried to research the error but have not found anything saying how to resolve it.

Too Many runtime ECC errors on:
Array Controller in slot 1.
Controller restarted without SIMM.
message continued = "Controller memory ECC error limit exceeded"

I also get the following error in the Integrated Management Log:
Drive Array Controller Failure (Slot 0)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
1 REPLY 1
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: CPQCISSE Event ID: 24586

Hi,

You need to get HP to replace the 641 controller. This behaviour has been seen on the 6402/6404 controllers but not the 641 (As far as I know). Are you sure it isn't a 6402 controller?

Please log a call with HP and get them to replace the controller. The disk configuration will be picked up by the new controller OK as it's held on the disks.

If this is a 641 controller, the spare part number required (which includes a 64Mb cache module) is 305414-001. If you have the larger 128Mb cache installed this has to be swapped over to the new controller by the engineer.

If this is in fact a 6402 controller, the spare part number required is 309520-001. This is the bare module. Additonal cache and batteries have to be swapped over on to the replacement from the original controller.

When logging the call with HP quote Engineering Advisory (Internal document) EX050324_EW01 and ask for the part number above (Whichever is correct).

I hope this helps.

Brian